I am so excited to write my first blog of 2015, and I look forward to this semester as a Marquette Educator.
After a long, much needed break from the fall semester, I (as well as the rest of my family) am eager to get back to school.
I can’t believe I just said that.
I am particularly excited about this semester for a variety of reasons. This is going to be my first semester taking class solely for my major. Although both education classes are two hour-long night classes, I am incredibly excited to immerse myself deeper into the field of education. Along with my two education courses, I am taking three English courses, which may I add, I am a little nervous about. Thankfully, the three courses are all different types of English (writing, Shakespeare, literature studies) so I think it will be beneficial to have different categories of English.
I am going to save my more “academic” blogs for later on in the semester. I wanted to have a chance to tell you about my goals for 2015. I am not a big fan of having a big new years resolution simply because my attention span is not that proficient.
Instead, I have created “To Do More” and “To Do Less” lists that I hope to accomplish throughout 2015. Here they are!
To Do More:
- Laughing. Although 2014 was a great year, I really want to be as happy as I can be throughout 2015. Not only do I want to laugh more in 2015, but also I want to be the reason for others’ laughs and happiness throughout the year.
- Reading. Ever since college, I rarely read books for pure joy. Even though I probably shouldn’t admit this, reading for class is not as joyful as reading Gillian Flynn’s dark novels. I do enjoy the material I read when it pertains to education and/or English, but I am aiming to find more time to read for relaxation and pure satisfaction.
- Being Healthy. For my entire undergraduate career, the end of the fall semesters always send me into fast food eating frenzy. The stress of finals and the convenience of grabbing a quick meal always win so I am hoping to eat as clean as possible in 2015.
- Sleep. No explanation necessary.
To Do Less:
- Netflixing. I don’t think that is a coined verb yet, but I need to stop watching so much Netflix. I am so quick to say I can’t go to the gym because I don’t have enough time, yet I had plenty of time to watch six episodes in a row of Gilmore Girls. I am going to say I need to do less of netflixing rather than cutting it out completely because that is very unrealistic.
- Complaining. I complain so much it is really rather disturbing. I actually think I have complained via these blog posts so I apologize for that. I hope to lessen my complaints during 2015.
- Swearing. My little sister has started to use words like “Flip” and “Poop,” a lot more often this past month so I really need to stop swearing in hopes of preventing my twelve-year-old sister to follow in my potty-mouth footsteps. I am going to start a swear jar, and I promise to keep you updated with the profit.
What are YOUR “To Do’s” for 2015?